Firefighters Trained on the Following Topics/Equipment:
• Firefighters completed Level 1 and Level II “live burn” training at the fire department training site. Live burn training simulates actual structural firefighting in a controlled atmosphere for firefighter safety;
• Firefighter completed the quarterly 1st Responder training. This 4 hour session focused on triaging patients, and mass casualty incidents with multiple trauma patients;
• Three of our new firefighters (Firefighter Baysinger, Firefighter Rath, and Firefighter Schmeling) completed their 140 hours of firefighter training, and the Minnesota Certification Test and will be participating in the swearing in / badge pinning ceremony along with Firefighter Harlow and Firefighter Travis who came to us from other fire departments.
Fire Prevention / Public Relations / Other Information:
• The FD assisted the Park Department in the Crow River dead fish clean-up project. Winter kill left hundreds of dead rough fish to rot on the banks of the river;
• “Inspections Update”: To date 166 rental units have been inspected to the minimum fire safety standards for residential rental property;
• The FD assisted in the escort out of the city for the boys track team as they participated in the state true team track meet;
• The FD participated in the annual Memorial Day Parade and ceremony.
1. Number of calls that required more than one engine, four firefighters and one IC in May: 14
2. Number of Calls that required investigation in May: 5
3. Estimated dollars “saved” in property (building and contents) by the fire department response for the month of May: $725,000
4. Estimated dollars “lost” in property (building and contents) to fire in May: $74,000