Helpful tips include:
Please keep children away from the leaf piles. Do not allow small pets to run free during leaf pickup. The leaf vacuum is very powerful and to avoid any potential injury it is important to keep children and pets away from the leaf piles.
• Leaves only! Brush and other debris will not be picked up.
• Keep streets free of parked cars so the leaf vacuum can get through.
• Place leaves in the gutter (on the street directly next to the curb). A good practice would be to rake leaves close to the edge of the street as you have time during the week, then simply rake them into the gutter right before leaf removal takes place. Residents of cul-de-sacs can make tidy piles between driveways.
• Pull leaves back from corner lots. The machine turns too wide to pick up leaves left on the corner.
• The leaf vacuum machine will operate every day, rain or shine, until the leaves are gone or snow arrives. Only during severe weather will operations be suspended.
The leaf vacuum removes leaves, then chops and compacts them into a self-contained trailer towed by a tractor. The chopped, compacted leaves are then recycled at Creekside Soils, the City-owned composting facility.
SEE THE FAQ'S LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Click here for "SPRING" Boulevard Leaf & Grass Pick-up