Animal Control

The City of Hutchinson’s animal control program is run by the Hutchinson Police Department and generally has the community service officer working from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. The Community service officer is a non-sworn member of the police department who specializes in animal issues. If you are having an animal problem, please call (320) 587-2242 and our dispatcher will send someone to help.

Am I required to clean up after my pet?
What are the city’s leash laws?
Is there a limit on the number of animals allowed per household?
What is a feral cat?
How do I report a stray animal?
I found an orphaned fawn. What should I do?
Is it legal to trap animals in Hutchinson?
What should I do if I find an injured eagle, hawk or owl?
What can I do about a Canadian goose that is nesting on or near my property and attacks me when I approach?
What can be done about the wild turkeys around my property?
Translate »