2019 Season Press Release
Leaves will be vacuumed from your street the day after your garbage is picked up, beginning Tuesday, October 15. The program ends Monday, November 25 OR when significant snow arrives, whichever comes first.
- Vacuums may be in your area at other times, but will return on the designated day
- Monday garbage pickup = Tuesday leaf pickup 10/15, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19
- Tuesday garbage pickup = Wednesday leaf pickup 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20
- Wednesday garbage pickup = Thursday leaf pickup 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21
- Thursday garbage pickup = Friday leaf pickup 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22
- Friday garbage pickup = Monday leaf pickup 10/21, 10/28, 11/4, 11/11, 11/18, 11/25
- Leaves WILL NOT bevacuumed if there are vehicles prohibiting the tractor drawn vacuums from safelty reaching the leaves.
- Please DO NOT rake leaves into the street until the day of your garbage service.
- LEAVES ONLY – To make sure the equipment stays running, please do not rake anything other than leaves onto street curbs. If items other than leaves are placed, service will not be proveded until the items are removed.
- Please DO rake leaves into neat rows along the edge of the curb. Residential services are provided by tractor drawn vacuums, so it’s necessary to keep leaves back from corners to allow for turning.
- Residents on roadways that are under construction will not be served until the base course of bituminous paving is completed. No service will be provided to unpaved roadways. Residents may use their organic cart or take leaves to Creekside at no cost.
LEAVES ONLY – To make sure the equipment stays running, please don’t rake anything other than leaves onto street curbs. If items other than leaves are placed, service will not be provided until the items are removed.
For more information:
Helpful tips include:
- Please keep children away from the leaf piles. Do not allow small pets to run free during leaf pickup. The leaf vacuum is very powerful and to avoid any potential injury it is important to keep children and pets away from the leaf piles.
- Leaves only! Brush and other debris will not be picked up. If other items other than leaves are placed, service will not be provided until the items are removed.
- Leaves WILL NOT be vacuumed if there are vehicles prohibiting the tractor drawn vacuums from safely reaching the leaves.
- Place leaves in the gutter (on the street directly next to the curb). A good practice would be to rake leaves close to the edge of the street as you have time during the week, then simply rake them into the gutter right before leaf removal takes place. Residents of cul-de-sacs can make tidy piles between driveways.
- Pull leaves back from corner lots. The machine turns too wide to pick up leaves left on the corner.
- The leaf vacuum machine will operate every day, rain or shine, until the leaves are gone or snow arrives. Only during severe weather will operations be suspended.
- The leaf vacuum removes leaves, then chops and compacts them into a self-contained trailer towed by a tractor. The chopped, compacted leaves are then recycled at Creekside Soils, the City-owned composting facility.