Important information about drone use:
Hutchinson Municipal Airport Drone Use
The FAA requires drone pilots to contact the airport when operating within 5 miles of the airport
Learn more about owning a drone
Don’t fly within five miles of an airport unless you contact the airport before flying. Fill out the form below and choose submit to email the form information.
- Fly at or below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles.
- Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times.
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations.
- Don’t fly near gatherings of people (i.e., public events, stadiums, etc.).
- Don’t fly an aircraft that weighs 55 pounds or more.
- Don’t be careless or reckless with the unmanned aircraft—you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft.
- If you are a model aircraft operator flying from a permanent location within five miles of the airport, please note this on the form. You will be contacted to establish a mutually agreed-upon operating procedure with the airport.
- Model aircraft must not operate in Temporary Flight Restriction areas, prohibited areas, restricted areas, or special flight rules areas without specific authorization.