Important information about drone use:
Hutchinson Municipal Airport Drone Use
The FAA requires drone pilots to contact the airport when operating within 5 miles of the airport
Don’t fly within five miles of an airport unless you contact the airport before flying. Fill out the form below and choose submit to email the form information.
- Fly at or below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles.
- Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times.
- Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations.
- Don’t fly near gatherings of people (i.e., public events, stadiums, etc.).
- Don’t fly an aircraft that weighs 55 pounds or more.
- Don’t be careless or reckless with the unmanned aircraft—you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft.
- If you are a model aircraft operator flying from a permanent location within five miles of the airport, please note this on the form. You will be contacted to establish a mutually agreed-upon operating procedure with the airport.
- Model aircraft must not operate in Temporary Flight Restriction areas, prohibited areas, restricted areas, or special flight rules areas without specific authorization.