The Public Works Department provides Street, Alley, sidewalk/trail and Municipal Parking Lot Maintenance services, including pothole patching, pavement repairs, grading, general maintenance, sweeping and cleaning, and snow removal.
Operations are located at the Hutchinson Area Transportation Services (HATS) Facility.
City of Hutchinson
Public Works Operations & Maintenance
1400 Adams St SE
Hutchinson, MN 55350
Fax: (320) 234-6971
There are a limited number of maintenance personnel to keep an eye out for potential problems, so we appreciate when you notify us of maintenance concerns (potholes, sidewalk/trail issues, snow/ice problem areas, etc.). Clearly note the type and location of the concern.
Why is curb & gutter needed?
All new street construction and street reconstruction in the City includes concrete curb and gutter, with only limited exceptions.
- Channel storm water runoff away from the crown of the street.
- Collect water and convey it to a drain/discharge point.
- Reduce erosion from boulevards.
- Define the roadway limits, improving aesthetics.
- Strengthen and protect the edge of the bituminous surface from deteriorating.
- Provide a stable maintenance edge for snowplowing and sweeping operations.
- Reduce snowplow damage to boulevards, utility structures and mailboxes.